Wednesday, June 5, 2013

TED Talks for Teacher Use

Along with using TED Talks with students, I also have an Achievement Center Google Site that I will be embedding some videos on. 
I like the eleven minute video - Tyler DeWitt: Hey Science teachers- make it fun.  This I can add to my Differentiated Curriculum Ideas.





Also the six minute video- Ramsey Musallam: 3 Rules to Spark Learning.  I thought this would be good for teachers to watch for ideas on student engagement.  A lot of time teachers think this is a long process, but this video breaks it down to 3 simple rules to follow.




The 3 minute video- Richard St. John's 8 Secrets of Success is also a good one for teachers to watch to show that students must be invested and engaged in their learning to get the most out of your class!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed listening to Ramsey Musallam: 3 Rules to Spark Learning.

    "Student questions are the seeds of real learning, not a scripted program." I completely agree with his statement. Let's get students curious. Not lecture them to death!

    I also like his rule about practicing reflection. Take time to analyze what works in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you posted for teacher use! I was thinking these talks would be great to use during PLC meetings. Thank you for giving us 3 good ones.

    ReplyDelete